You have seen big rats on TV. They are usually portrayed as scary little monsters that freak people out by running under their feet. The question is: how bad are rats here in Hot Springs? We are going to answer this question for you today and provide some helpful tips and tricks to remove and keep these pests out of your house.
Identifying a Rat Problem In Your Hot Springs House
The number of rats inside your Hot Springs home will define how difficult or easy it is to identify an infestation. If there are only a couple of these pests living inside your wall voids, you may not see any obvious signs for a few weeks or months. If they have been indoors for a while and have had a chance to breed, you will see signs of rats everywhere. That said, here are a few specific signs of rats to look out for.
- Live rats running around your living areas
- Grease marks on baseboards and floors
- Holes chewed through walls
- Holes chewed through boxes of food
- Holes chewed through doors
- Gnaw marks on furniture
- Torn or chewed-up insulation, paper, or fabrics
- Rats’ nests in your attic, basement, or other secluded areas around your home
- Pellets of fecal matter in the backs of pantries, cabinets, and in other areas where rats hide and travel
- A musty dirty odor in the air
- Pitter pattering in your walls or ceiling voids late at night
- Outlets randomly not working due to damaged wiring
- Moisture damage due to gnawed utility piping
- An electrical fire caused by sparking chewed-on wiring inside of wall voids
Are Rats Dangerous To Have In Your Hot Springs Home?
A rat will not run at you to bite you. They will, however, take a bite if you try to pick one up or trap them in any way. As bad as this sounds, it is not the worse threat these furry pests pose to Hot Spring homeowners. The real problem comes with the many diseases rats carry. These pests can transmit several dangerous forms of bacteria, human pathogens, and parasites to both humans and their pets.
What Is The Most Humane Way To Get Rid Of Rats In Hot Springs?
If you go to the store to look for rat control options to eliminate these pests from your home, you will find many products that are inhumane. Take sticky traps for instance. They completely restrict a rat’s movement and hold them there until they eventually starve to death. This usually doesn’t come until after the trapped rodent breaks several bones trying to escape. An equally inhumane death also awaits rats killed with rodenticides. For this reason, we highly recommend avoiding most store-bought rodent control products and trusting in a professional who doesn’t just understand that rats do not belong in your home but also that they do not deserve an inhumane death.
Where Can I Find Effective Rodent Control Services In Hot Springs?
If you are looking for how to remove rats from your Hot Springs home in a humane way, trust the experts at Advanced Pest Control. Whether you have lots of rats indoors or a few big rats, we have the rodent control options to give them the boot. We also have a detailed understanding of vermin rats and where they hide. This allows us to identify them quickly.
Call today to find an answer to potentially dangerous vermin rats inside your Hot Springs home and schedule your property for a detailed inspection.
Request Your Free Estimate
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.