Bed bugs are curious pests that most Hot Springs residents don’t know all that much about. If you don’t know much about bed bugs, it can make it somewhat disturbing when they get into your home. Today, we’re going to equip you with a few essential facts to help you better understand these insects, and let you know how to get rid of them when they get into your Hot Springs home.
Clear Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
Long before you have a bed bug infestation, and before you have to call pest control in Hot Springs to deal with a bed bug problem, you should know how to check for bed bugs in your home and external locations. Why? Because detecting bed bugs early can prevent a lot of misery.
- Learn to identify bed bugs in all stages of development.
- Look for bed bugs and warning signs in cracks, creases, and compressed areas.
- Inspect items for black fecal spotting or black streaks.
- Look for tiny white eggs and shed skins left by bed bugs.
These are all clear signs that you have a bed bug infestation in your home.
All The Reasons You Don’t Want Bed Bugs In Your House
The most obvious reason to not want bed bugs in your home is that they bite, but there is more to it than this. Here are a few other factors to consider:
- Bed bug bites are numerous. Each bug typically bites three times during the night.
- Ongoing bites can lead to anemia.
- Thoughts of bed bugs can keep you awake, causing symptoms of sleep deprivation.
- Kids may scratch bed bug bites and cause open wounds that get infected.
- There is a social stigma attached to bed bugs. This can present many problems.
It is best to use the most effective methods to address bed bugs. It is not good to have a prolonged infestation.
How Bed Bugs Find Their Way Into Your Home
Our focus today is to discuss how to get rid of bed bugs but this is often very difficult. It is far better to prevent bed bugs from getting into your home in the first place. The secret to keeping bed bugs out is understanding how they get in. We’re often asked, “Do bed bugs come from the outside?” While technically, yes, they do come in from the outside, it is important to understand that these bugs don’t live in your yard. They live in close proximity to humans.
Bed bugs get into your home by hitching a ride on humans. Here are a few ways they do this:
- They lay eggs in laundry, luggage, duffel bags, sleeping bags, and other items that have a human scent on them.
- They hide in furniture items, electronics, and other household goods that you might purchase second-hand.
- They can get on you or someone else and get carried from one location to another.
Natural pest control for bed bugs starts with general bed bug prevention methods, such as putting laundry, duffel bags, and other dryer-safe items through a 30-minute dryer cycle, thoroughly checking used items, and teaching everyone in your home how to identify bed bugs and the warning signs of bed bug infestations while away from home.
The Trick To Completely Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your House
There are a few ways you may be able to get rid of bed bugs on your own, but believe us when we say that it is far better to have a licensed pest professional handle this pest problem. If you don’t do what is needed to treat these bugs, you could be in for a very miserable ride.
How do you treat bed bugs? It is more about the methods and less about the products. Professionals perform detailed inspections, apply a selection of products, and use field-tested evaluations to make sure no bed bugs remain. If you live in Hot Springs, let the bed bug control service team here at Advanced Pest Control get rid of bed bugs for you. Our technicians have the training and experience to get the results you want.
Request Your Free Estimate
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.