There’s no denying that spiders in Hot Springs can be creepy. Their appearance is enough to send chills down anyone’s spine. And not just that. Some of them spread deadly diseases and produce toxic venom that can cause neurotoxicity, skin lesions, and systemic illnesses.
That’s why you shouldn’t grant them accommodation in your Hot Springs home. Don’t handle them yourself. Call a Hot Springs pest control professional for safe and effective extermination.
Five Strange But True Spider Facts:
Here are some weird but true spider facts that prove these critters are nothing short of one of nature’s freaks:
- They can see what we can’t- particular jumping spiders (salticids) can see things we can’t. Several can see UVB and UVA light.
- Some can disguise themselves into ants.
- Some male spiders love being eaten- black widow spiders eat their mates. That’s a fact. However, red widow spiders don’t. The males force-feed themselves to females by putting themselves in the females’ mandibles. These freaky spiders keep doing so until the females eat them.
- Some tarantulas fling fine, irritating hairs known as urticating hairs to predators to keep them away.
- They lay hundreds of eggs at once- when they reproduce, they house their eggs in several sacs, each of which contains hundreds of eggs in it.
The different kinds of spiders available pose a unique threat. Hence, you should always call a professional spider control company when you see one for your family’s safety.
Why Do Spiders Build Webs?
Spiders build webs from silk produced in their bodies. It’s then pulled out of several openings (spinnerets) with the spider’s hind legs. They construct them:
- To catch their prey.
- To protect themselves from predators and to
- To protect their eggs.
- For transport.
Some Commonly Told Spider Myths
Various people tell different myths about the pesky critters. Here are some of the most usual ones:
- You eat approximately four of them in your sleep every year.
- All spiders are dangerous- some common spiders in Arkansas prefer their privacy, and, even if they bite, they aren’t venomous (but it hurts).
- They bite humans that eat specific foods.
- They make nests in hair.
- They drink from your mouth.
- You can tell which spider you’re dealing with just by its appearance.
- They’re insects- all spiders are arachnids.
- All spiders make webs.
- You can find all spider species anywhere.
- All spiders are male- granted, it can be challenging telling a spider’s gender through their morphology as it’s different from ours, but there’s a unique difference that tells them apart.
Total Spider Control For Hot Springs Homeowners
You can never tell what kind of scary spiders you’re dealing with. Therefore, you should involve a professional pest control agency like Advanced Pest Control in your spider troubles. We’re a family-run and owned business in Hot Springs, AR. We serve Hot Springs residents and those in the surrounding areas.
So why should you choose us over the rest?
- We’re flexible and reliable
- We offer free estimates
- We provide free inspection
- We’re always punctual
- We offer high-quality treatments using top-of-the-line items
We’re determined to give you nothing but the best, so we first consult you about the infestation before thoroughly inspecting your premises. We then create a personalized service plan to eliminate the pests per your situation.
We perform routine follow-ups to ensure your Hot Springs home stays spider-free. Contact us today and discover our services firsthand.
Request Your Free Estimate
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.